6.23pm, Tuesday 30th March, Prima Ristorante & Negozio di Vini (Prima Restaurant and Wine Store), 1520 North Main Street, Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Hi folks! Here I am, sitting at Frank’s computer in the wine store side – allowed to gatecrash and join the panel of the Prima 5th Annual Women in Wine Dinner. Here’s the list of Femme Fabbo Wine Gals – all local, I’m the only foreign flavour on the list – that will be hosting tables and pouring and talking their prize wines tonight:
- Pam Starr, Crocker & Starr: 2006 Crocker & Starr Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley
- Eileen Crane, Domaine Carneros: 2006 Domaine Carneros Brut (which folks are popping in their mouth as soon as they arrive as a sparkling start to what should be a top wine night out in the leafy green streets of Walnut Creek)
- Kathy Joseph, Fiddlehead Cellars: 2007 Fiddlehead Sauvignon Blanc Santa Ynez & 2006 Fiddlehead Fiddlestix 728 Pinot Noir SRH (Fantastic! The big chief back at Yalumba is always encouraging me to expand my horizons and boost mywine cred by “getting” pinot noir, so I shall check this wine out with relish and give you a proper tasting note later on.)
- Patricia Green, of the eponomymous (always wanted to use that word in a sentence!) Patricia Green Cellars: 2008 Patricia Green Estate Pinot Noir, Ribbon Ridge (OK! Two chances to stretch my palate to the max and break out of Cab Shiraz tunnel vision).
- Jennifer Williams, Spottswoode: 2006 Spottswoode Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Delia Viader, Viader Wines: 2006 Viader DARE Tempranillo, Napa Valley
- and Me, showing Kev Glastonbury’s 2008 The Scribbler Cabernet Sauvignon & Shiraz that’s jumping out of the blocks and will hopefully win some hearts and palates tonight.
So I have to run and pour the wine. There’s a hundred people sitting down for dinner, and I’ll also fill you in on the food … as it happens. See ya in a bit!
PS Thanks Johnny Ritt for having us and sticking with us over the years.